How can someone be successful? That depends on the person. Knowing what to expect is 90% and the other 10% is dedication, determination and acceptance. Accept that the campaign does have a chance to go under without looking at a grim loss. Word of advice, keep pushing yourself forward and come back another time with an award winning attitude. Timing is everything! Never give up!!!
Know your audience! Who are you going to be targeting? This goal is to gain and track your targeted audience who may be interested in your product. Otherwise it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Believe it or not, those needles can be the best find!
It takes money to make money. Do you remember that cliche? It's true! Many people won't share or even like your campaign without getting paid for their time and effort. This is the most frustrating of all when funds are limited. Why can't people just love the idea or at least share it? Ask that to all the campaigners and they will tell you that no one does anything for free anymore. Sad, but true. Knowing this, it's best to have money set aside to advertise your campaign by purchasing the best deal that works for you. Believe me, you won't have to look for them either! They will find you!!! Start a campaign and watch your inbox grow with offers.
Watch Youtube videos about crowdfunding before you begin. This will help you greatly!
Kickstarter VS Indiegogo VS Gofundme. Three of the biggest crowdfunding companies in the market today. Which one is the best for you? Read and study them closely and choose wisely. I personally like Indiegogo since they have a flexible fund option, whereas Kickstarter is ALL or NONE. Don't take my word for it, study the options that work best for YOU.
Family and friends are the first to fund. That is the biggest boost you can get. If you don't have family or friends that can help, please don't give up, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
So your campaign didn't reach it's goal, it's going to be okay. You may want to revamp, rewrite or renew your campaign and this time have a little cushion to boost your idea and show the world you are a go-getter!
If this blog has helped you in any way, please leave a comment below.